Updated: May 11, 2020
I have always loved baking bread and brioche and all things yeasty. I never had the time because I thought it took FOREVER but not this recipe:
Ingredients for 8 burger buns:
· 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
· 250 ml of warm water (40°C)
· 85 ml of vegetable oil
· 40g of cup sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 490g of bread flour ( you can find this in every shop)
· flour for dusting
· Sesame seeds are an option
You will need
· a large bowl
· a small cup big enough for 250
· a baking tray ( non stick)
· a wooden spoon
· a work surface, or a cutting board any thing you can knead on
Preheat your oven to 200 * C
In a large bowl or cup , dissolve yeast in the warm water. Leave it for 5 minutes until the top foams like the top of a beer.
In a separate bowl sift the flour and the egg, salt and oil.
Pour the yeast into the flour, mix with a wooden spoon until it starts to come together
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes.
Cut into 8 pieces shape each into a ball by holding the ball in one hand and with the other pulling the edges and folding them back in like a letter. I will add a video from YouTube at the bottom.
Place 3 inches apart on a baking tray.
Leave them rest for 10 minutes.
Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from the oven, and place on a to wire racks to cool.
Serve your bugger and eat😊
How to fold, skip to 2'10
How to make this recipe YOURS.
Every recipe can be personalised by adding ingredients
* try adding 1 tablespoon of paprika
* try adding some herbs, like parsley, or thyme.
* try adding sesame seeds on the top
* You can add anything you want
This is an affliate code:
here you can get great frying pans